2012 County Convention
updated 2012-03-01 02:13 a.m. - added convention documents
updated 2012-02-28 12:08 a.m. - updated payment options
updated 2012-02-27 11:04 p.m. - added link to delegate allotment information under "What" section, and added a Convention Documents section
updated 2012-02-22 02:13 p.m. - updated lunch information
Delegates and alternates elected at the 2012 Precinct Caucus in Blue Earth County, Minnesota, are called to meet as follows. Please read this page carefully and entirely. It will be updated as new information becomes available. Delegates and alternates should receive their official call after the caucus. If you were elected, but did not receive your call, please let us know as soon as possible. Download the Official Call (.pdf) If you have questions, please contact us.
Centennial Student Union, MSU-Mankato
South St., Mankato, Minn. (map)
Ostrander Auditorium is located on the first floor of the Centennial Student Union at MSU-Mankato, near the intersection of Stadium Road and Ellis Avenue.
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. (Coffee & rolls provided.)
Convention begins at 9:00 a.m
- Caucus to fill delegations to the Minnesota First District Republicans convention and to the Republican Party of Minnesota convention. (To each, we will be electing 22 delegates and 44 alternates. These positions are a two year term, so those elected will also be eligible for the 2013 conventions. The delegate/alternate spots will be elected from among Blue Earth County's five Commissioner Districts. See this page for full details on delegate allotments. The 2012 District Convention will be held Saturday, April 21, in Mankato. The 2012 State Convention will be held Friday and Saturday, May 18-19, in St. Cloud.)
- Nominations for and endorsement of candidates for the Minnesota Legislature, pending the announcement of new legislative districts, if said districts fall wholly within Blue Earth County.
- Adoption of Resolutions Committee report.
- Any other business as may properly come before the convention.
The following Convention Documents will be made available to you at the convention. You do not need to print your own copy unless you would like one before the convention.
A SPECIAL USERNAME AND PASSWORD IS REQUIRED to access these documents. You do not need to create an account on this web site for this purpose. This information will be emailed to all candidates, delegates, and alternates for whom we have email addresses on file. If you need access to these files, please send your e-mail address along with your request.
Registration & Lunch
- $20 - Convention fee per person, after February 27.
- $15 - Early registration, on or before February 27.
- $10 - Special student rate, at the door or in advance.
An Old Fashioned BBQ lunch will be available from 12:00 - 1:30 p.m. for an additional $10. Our agenda has not been finalized, but we do not expect to have a break for lunch; delegates may leave the convention room at their discretion to get lunch. Please register for lunch on or before February 27 so we can get an accurate count to the caterer.
- Seasonal Fresh Fruit Salad
- Roasted Vegetable Bow Tie Salad
- Country Potato Salad
- Rolls and Butter, Ranch Style
- Baked Beans
- Barbecued Chicken
- Barbecued Beef Brisket
- Assorted Cookies
- Freshly Brewed Iced Tea and Lemonade
Pay Your Registration (and/or Lunch) Fee Online
If you were elected a delegate or alternate, you may use this form to pay your registration fee online. You may also use this form to purchase a lunch if you are a guest or have already paid your registration fee. Please select the correct option from the list.